Monday, May 18, 2009

A lot of Change

It has been quite a while since I've upgraded.  Sorry about that!  But a ton of stuff has been going on and I really haven't had the time or energy.  I'll start by talking about finals week.  I was a little worried about it because up until this semester, I had straight A's since switching to a psychology major.  This semester I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to settle for B's.  My first final was in Comp 2.  We were supposed to turn in our rough draft of a German informative report on Monday and work up a final draft during our final period on Tuesday.  All I had to do was move a couple periods around, add a few hyphens, and decapitalize a few words.  I used the rest of the period studying for my next final, which was in Abnormal Psychology.  I has spent all day Monday studying and was somewhat comfortable with it.  I was done with that final in around 20 minutes, I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not. (On a side note: It sounds like the people living above me are tap dancing or something.)  A few hours after the final (and checking to see if the grade had been entered about a thousand times) I found out I got a 105.88% on the final bringing my overall grade to an A!!  I spend the entire next day studying for my Marriage and Family final.  I got that grade rather quickly and was so excited!  That teacher always makes her tests rather hard, but the test seemed rather easy this time.  I got a 100% on the final plus a few of the extra credit points, bringing my overall grade in that class up to an A!!  I then spent a week freaking out because I wanted to know if the A I was going to get on my Comp 2 final was going to be enough to bring that overall grade up to an A, so I could have straight A's for another semester.  After a week of constantly checking web advisor for my grade, I found out Tuesday that I got a 100% on that!  I got straight A's this semester!!!  They aren't high A's like last semester, but there are A's so I'm jumping for joy!!  
Right after my final on Thursday, I drove down to Des Moines to pick up Lilly.  She had her first over night with 'them' that weekend.  I spent Friday morning running around because during the week I got a letter from the Fort Dodge housing agency, letting me know that my file had been transfered to Des Moines and I needed to contact them promptly to figure out my next step.  After trying to call for a few days and just getting a busy signal, I went in first thing Friday morning.  I explained my situation and the reasons I really wanted to get out of Fort Dodge and they told me they would contact me within a week to let me know when I would get in for orientation.  I then went straight to the apartment complex where I had a place reserved to let them know the update.  I was then informed that as a new promotional thing for the new buildings, the month of May was rent free.  RENT FREE!! Meaning, I could move immediately.  I signed my lease and got my key on Friday.  I then started calling friends and family to let them know I was ready to move and see when I could get help... Nobody could really help.  My Grandma then came to the rescue and told me that she would make up the difference between a UHaul and Two Men and a Truck.  I called them and was told that they would be in Fort Dodge around 9:30 Saturday morning to move me to Des Moines!  They did end up costing $200 more than they quoted, but I now live in a brand new, beautiful apartment in Des Moines!  For the first time in years I am able to relax, breath, and enjoy myself! 
 I spent all day today applying for jobs.  I went to the mall and applied at The Children's Place (which could be potentially dangerous if I buy everything for Lilly...), Maurices (potentially dangerous if I buy everything for myself...), and Bath and Body works.  I had an interview at Bath and Body today and I feel that it went really well.  I was relaxed, professional, and fairly educated on the product and how to sell.  See, selling somebody scents could be difficult work!  Different personalities like different types of smell.  For instance, I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with a newer scent called Dancing Waters.  It is the type of smell that I have been searching for.  Target used to carry one very similar to it in the Healing Garden Waters line called Perfect Calm... Anyway, it fits me because it is calming, soothing... *sigh*  If only I had money to buy it!!  What I am getting at in my form of rambling, is that my small amount of knowledge of psychology could help with every aspect of life... even selling the product at Bath and Body.  That, combined with being a former manager of the cosmetics department at Target, makes me perfect for that job.  I just hope they feel the same.  I got online tonight and applied at Hy-Vee, Payless Shoes, and Scooters Coffee House.  I would also love the job at the coffee house... I walked in and it was truly the perfect environment for me.  I loved everything about it!    Tomorrow I am going to Aspen Fitness.  I'm a little nervous, but also excited.  I got a call yesterday telling me I won a $50 gift certificate there!  I put my name in a drawing for that at Edible Arrangements when I was picking up moms birthday present.  I don't know how far the $50 will go, but maybe it can get me started on a healthier path.  I really do want to lose weight the healthy way, instead of my past way of self-starvation and drug use.  I just don't have the confidence to do it, honestly.  I try working out on my own, but I don't know what I'm doing and I feel like I'm doing it wrong...  I really hope this will help! 
To end this I will put forth a request.  I really need a small kitchen table/chairs, vaccum cleaner, and a few bookshelves for my new apartment.  If anyone is looking to get rid of any of the above (or knows of somebody... or knows of somebody who knows of somebody...), please let me know!  I would really like to be able to invite people over to my new place and have a sit down meal... 

No comments:

Post a Comment