Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long Time, No Speak!

Well, there has been a lot of drama going on since the move! Mostly problems with state run facilities not helping the way the are supposed to and me getting screwed over because of it. But that seems to all be working out now, Thank God!
Summer is finally here! Extreme heat and even more extreme humidity. Us curly hair people really gotta love that! No matter how much time I spend trying to make my hair "none puffy" it's ruined as soon as I step out the door. Haven't been spending that much time at the gym the last week or so because I've been at the pool trying to perfect my sunburn! But on the upside, I have lost almost 10 pounds!
The only real drama going on right now is the 'them'. Not respecting the pre-determined court times for the drop offs and pick ups, also havin difficulty not getting lost getting to the location place. I tried to pick an easy one- RIGHT OFF THE INTERSTATE- and 'she' can't figure that out! 'He' isn't taking any time off work to actually spend it with Lilly, so 'she' tried telling me that their lawyer approved it for 'him' to drop Lilly off late. I explained to 'her' that 'he' has had months notice to take the time off work and that's it's not my problem or resposibility to change my schedule around because 'he' doesn't care enough to take the time off work. I also explained that the only way I would consider approving it (because my lawyer said that unless it's approved by me it's contempt of court) is if the hours he is working is reflected in the child support. Since I have no hope of that ever happening, I won't approve a change in times.
On a lighter side, Lilly starts her new summer dance classes on Thursday! It's the Hoedown Throwdown! I also have an appointment to sign up for outpatient services Thursday, I'm finally getting things settled down here! I'm actually excited about going to House of Mercy. I have heard so many good things about it, and I'm hoping the outpatient people are able to join the art therapy classes, I've always wanted to do that!
On Monday I get to take a test with Promise Jobs, so they can decide if they will 'approve' my going to school. If they don't, I drop them and keep looking for a job. I'm not going to let anything stop me from going to school, it's way to important to me! On the subject of school, I went to orientation at Grand View a couple weeks ago (I think that's when it was, everything is running together). I had a lot of fun, Renee and Caitlyn were there, she is getting so big! I did learn a lot of the orientation. I went to one that told me all about the clubs on campus, including a psychology club!! I am soooo excited and can't wait to attend!
I also looked into getting Lilly and I a kitty. It would cost around $110 to adopt one from ARL, plus around $200 for a pet deposit at the apartment and an additional $25 on rent... Meaning, we're not going to be able to have one of our own any time soon, but while I was on the ARL website, I looked into volunteer options, and if I go to orientation on July 11th, I can become a kitty cuddler! My job would basically be to love on the kittys!! That would be so wonderful!
Anyways, that's all I really have time for with this update. I'll try to update more frequently, but if I don't on here and you're curios how my life is going, just look me up on facebook! And I've recently (a few minutes ago) joined twitter, we'll see how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment