Wednesday, July 1, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!

It's official, I have a son and Lilly a brother (obviously... kinda works that way). We went to the Animal Rescue League today and brought home a boy. On the website his name was Paddington, but Lilly changed it to Fredric, which seems to fit him well. I was a little concerned about how he would handle a four year olds love, but he responds to the attention well. He wasn't even home for five minutes when he was going for stroller rides and getting carried around in a bucket, purring the whole time. He lets Lilly carry him around in wierd positions, and is so calm about it! I have to admit that it was a very hard choice, we went into ARL with the intention of getting a female, but none of them seemed all that into Lilly. I have her sit down and just watched what happened. I put a little black and white kitten on her lap and he sniffed around and curled up next to her for a nap and another orange kitten hopped on her lap to play. I was really tempted to get the orange kitten, he was my little parrot the whole time I was there! EVERY time a leaned down or squated down, he was on my lap and climbing onto my shoulder for a little ride. I did almost get them both, but I think one is enough for now (even though to get a second would have just been an additional $15! Wonderful deal! After convincing myself that it was okay to get a boy (I've only had female kittys my entire life) I had to decide which one to get. I asked Lilly what she would want to name a boy kitten (apparently, our predetermined "Angel" was not going to work well), she instantly pointed to the black and white kitty and said "This is Fredric!" After a bunch of paperwork, we brought our Fredric home with us. It will be interesting, I have had a headache for about three days now and constantly having to remind Lilly to be gently with the kitty (right now he's trying to sleep and she won't leave the poor thing alone!) but it will get better as the excitement of a new family member wears off.

This is our Fredric:
(the picture from the ARL website)

(going for a stroller ride)

(A very tired baby!)

(One is just pretending to sleep, can you pick which one?)

No comments:

Post a Comment