Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Comp 2 Stuff

Currently in my Comp 2 class I am working with a group on a social type issue to create a power point presentation using emotional appeal and different types of propaganda.  The group chose Childhood Obesity as the issue and put me in charge of finding facts and statistics.  This is my contribution to the group project: 

The Scary Facts

§Childhood obesity has more than doubled among preschool children ages 2-5 years and adolescents ages 12-19 years.
§Childhood obesity has more than tripled for children 6-11.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention


¡Low-income (disadvantaged) children are at a greater risk and are heavily influencing the progression of childhood obesity.
Dr. O’Dea and ABC News

¡Unhealthy weight gain due to poor diet and lack of exercise is responsible for over 300,000 deaths each year.

Obesity Prevention Center for Children and Youth

And here is the image I chose to use on my slide:

I couldn't ge the actual power point to load up, but I had a black background and used a red font with the words "The Scary Facts". The rest of the information is in three different columns with the picture on the lower right hand corner. I was using emotional appeal with the picture and the dramatic color choices and the last of the information (about lack of diet and exercise) is the slippery slope technique and the first two are using the cardstacking technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment