Thursday, February 12, 2009

A poem I wrote a long time ago that's still fitting

You promised me forever

            And so many other things.

So I forgot about who I was

            And every one of my dreams.

I loved you more than I knew I could,

            And I thought you felt the same.

Now I’m alone and scared-

            Filled with hurt and shame.

Shame for all the things I’ve done,

            The loved ones that I hurt.

Shame for what I’ve slowly become,

            For losing my self-worth.

But I’m done now, finished-

            You’ve lost and I’ve won.

Even though it feels like

            This battle has just begun.

I’m like a mighty lioness,

            Powerful and great.

Guarding over her precious cub,

            Before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment