Friday, February 27, 2009

"My ear did it!"

I took Lilly in for her four year check up today.  According the the doctor she is relatively normal (medically speaking). Height is good, weight is on the lower side of the curve but she's still healthy.  He asked if she was able to dress herself and I laughed, pointed at her, and said "That is so not a Mommy outfit!" (She was wearing white corderoy(sp?) pants that have a colorful floral trim under a brown corderoy(how do you spell that word?) skirt. Over that was a ducky t-shirt and a pink Strawberry Shortcake sweater. This outfit was, of course, completed with her brown and pink snow boots. I don't know how she does it, but everything she wears looks really good. Maybe she'll be a designer when she grows up... Anyway, back to the doctor visit.  He checked her heartrate, breathing, mouth, and then moved on to her ears... that is when he discovered something interesting.  When he got to her left ear I heard him say "What is that?" a few times and "That's not normal" after that.  He then left to get his nurse because he was going to have to remove whatever was in her ear.  When he was out of the room I looked at Lilly and asked "Did you put something in your ear?" to which she responded "No!" (This was said in a 'Are you crazy?' kind of tone.) I then asked her if somebody else had put something in her ear, to which she replied (in a very serious tone) "My ear did it." Just wanting to find out what was in there and when it could have happened, I very seriously asked, "What did your ear put in your ear?" Now, through all of this I was trying not to laugh. After I asked what her ear put into her ear though, she responded with a very loud and exasperated "I don't know! I can't see it!" while trying to look into her ear!  



After that there was no holding back the laughter.  The doctor came back in with his nurse and pulled something resembling paper out of her ear.  After further examination we discovered that it wasn't just paper, it was a sticker.  Shortly after leaving the doctors office I called mom to tell her this story and said something along the lines of "I don't know when her ear put her sticker in her ear." Hearing this (cause now she could...) made Lilly very upset and she yelled at me saying "It wasn't MY sticker, it was NIKKI'S!"  Now I know it happened at daycare.... later on she admitted that her ear did it during nap time because it didn't want to sleep... Pesky ears... always trying to cause trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment