Monday, March 2, 2009

Dresses and Toilets

I am having a very bad day and it's all because of a teal skirt and blue hands...  I was having an average day until I got out of school.  I ran to Fareway to pick up a few things and one of the things I wanted to get was toilet bowl cleaner.  I have actual cleaner stuff but no matter how often I clean it, it doesn't seem to matter.  I got that stuff that you just drop into the tank hoping that a continual thing will help make a difference.  When I got home from the store there was a package waiting for me! My dress for the wedding had arrived! I was so excited because after ordering it, there was quite a bit of activity in my bank account.  First, I was charged twice for the dress... NOT GOOD!  Then, all those charges went away and they were PAYING me to take the dress.... not as bad! :)  Then it all got straightened out and I was only paying for the dress once and wasn't making any money for getting it (darn).  So I excitedly torn into the package wanting to see how the dress looks on and I'm shocked to discover that it was a teal skirt... and not even a nice one! So after working through all the automated things on the customer service number, I finally talked to someone who said they will send me the dress that I ordered... I am NOT liking this company, at all!  

What I ordered:



What I got:  


I then put away all my groceries and go to put the cleaner thing in the toilet tank and end up with a blue fingertip from the dye on the disk thingy... I then go to Target with Jason (where Lilly is running around the store because he let her out of the cart) and while there I pick up some of that new cleaner that you just stick on the side of the toilet... Doesn't require any touching and now that I have TV the commercial sold me.  It's what I was originally looking for at Fareway but they didn't have it.  I get home from a stressful trip to Target and as soon as I step into the house I realize that the toilet bowl is still running.  Apparently the thing that I had put into it was blocking the thingy making the water run constantly.  I had to dig that dang thing out and not my whole hand is blue!  But I got to try the new thingy out instead of waiting (if only I hadn't wasted money on the first thing) and we'll see how that works.  So, if anyone knows how to get blue dye off your skin in a non-harmful way, please let me know.  I'm hoping my evening is better than my afternoon, but my original plans had included attempting to make an oreo house with Lilly (thanks to the Hansel and Grettal (sp?) story that she watched this morning.  I was thinking, this could be a fun (even though messy) snack time, but now I'm dreading it cause of how my day is going... I'll be sure to take pics and let you know how 'fun' it is! And if it's even possible to make a house looking object out of oreo's and frosting... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment