Monday, March 30, 2009

Venting

 I am getting sick and tired of fake people! You know the ones. The ones who say one thing but do another? But there is also another kind in my opinion. The ones who refuse to make a decision, take a stand, never give a straight answer. All they do is judge others for what they do 'wrong' when they are doing nothing themselves. At least the person who is doing the wrong thing is doing SOMETHING!  I'm tired of people who think they have the right answer when it comes to God.  Why can there be only one way to worship Him?  Did He not make us all different?  (And as a side note, He did make us human, therefore WE MAKE MISTAKES and He doesn't reject us for it, and He doesn't consider us to be disappointments or failures.)   I was told that because I was celebrating Christmas, and Santa Clause came to our house, that I am worshiping Santa Clause!  Apparently, I am raising my daughter wrong.  That person didn't even take into consideration that my daughter asked for Baby Jesus for Christmas... But what's wrong with there being different people worshipping God in different ways?  I really don't believe that God is judging us on how we worship.  I believe that as long as your heart is in the right place, that's all you need.  Well, not ALL... There is the importance of repentance, seeking God's forgiveness, and  working on improving yourself and your life.  But since God did make us human with the ability to make choices for ourselves (this being called 'Free Will') He understands that we will screw up, probably frequently.  We are allowed to ask for forgiveness over and over and over and over and over and over.... (get the picture?)  Therefore, He is not demanding perfection.  But don't you think that since He's not expecting perfection from us, there isn't a perfect way to worship?  That, perhaps, there isn't a perfect religion?  Think about it.... Look at the controversy behind all of it!  Look at what man has made it!  Even those not involved in 'religion' and view themselves as above it all are still missing vital parts.  God is about one main thing, and this is called LOVE.  If this is missing from ones life, then they should really rethink it.  If they spend more time preaching than loving, something is wrong.  The way to reach people is by living it, not talking about it over and over and over and over and over.... but never putting true, heart felt actions behind your words.  These people are what I consider to be fake.  Just because you claim to be Christian and right with God, doesn't mean you are.  I have more respect for people who are honest and would rather say "No, I'm not doing what I should be" than those who don't put actions behind their words.  1 John 3:18 does say "Let us not love with words or tongue but with ACTIONS and in TRUTH"  

1 comment:

  1. You should convert to Hinduism... or if you wanna be cool, Taoism.

    ReplyDelete