Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A lot of sickness and a possible apartment!!

I had a bad start to spring break, I missed almost a whole week of school (Lilly was sick) and I finally get down to Des Moines and Lilly, Mom, and I spent Saturday at the Drs. Lilly has MRSA again and I might have asthma. Fun stuff, huh? So we have all been laying around sick and not really feeling up to much. I did manage to get a list of apartments that accept section 8 vouchers in Des Moines and I went out looking today. I got lost more times than I can count and actually got quite worried/scared a few times... On my second trip out to look (after map questing quite a few selecions) I finally found one that I was looking for. It is in a beautiful area past Valley Junction on Creston (which is off of 63rd). After touring one of their older selections (about 9 years old) they showed me some of the new ones. I was able to request a new apartment on the first floor, but wasn't able to tour it because they one they are reserving for me won't be finished until May 1st (IT'S BRAND NEW!!). I was able to tour one exactly like it but there will be one minor difference. All the appliances in my apartment (the stove, built in microwave, DISHWASHER, and fridge) will all be black (which is perfection for me). It also has a garbage disposal and the master bedroom has a bathroom of it's own with a walk in shower!!! I am so happy right now!! All I have to do now is get all the section 8 stuff settled and I can move in at the end of May or beginning of June. I am so glad that this seems to be working out, I really needed that right now since nothing else seems to be. I still don't know for sure what I am going to be doing about daycare, I hope to talk to my councelors at the YWCA tomorrow to see if they have figured out anything with the ATR program. They were hoping that they would be able to cover some of my moving bills/expenses so that I can use my saved up money for child care. I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progress of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment