Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For the love of art...

For those of you that don't know, Lilly has been home sick the last two days.  She started running a fever early Tuesday morning (woke up a little before 6am saying she didn't feel well and had a temp around 100.6).  She spent most of Tuesday laying around and watching movies and today, even though she has a fever around 101, she's been acting more like herself.  She has been working hard on her drawing and coloring skills, and it has been improving dramatically!  A few weeks ago she drew a picture of Gramma Daddy (according to Lilly, in the picture he is sad because he misses her) which actually looked like a face!



Today, she drew the itsy bitsy spider!  It does have a few additional legs, but it is a good spider.



Isn't her skills improving dramatically?  You can actually make out the pictures now.  Unfortunately, she's not going to be able to work on them for a while now.  This evening, while I was working on studying for a midterm that I hope to be able to take tomorrow, Lilly decided to have herself a snack.  I do remember her asking me for one, and giving her Golden Grahams, but apparently it wasn't enough.  She sat beside me not to long ago, while I was talking to Gramma on the phone, and I noticed she had dark colors around her mouth. 



After questioning her, I discovered that she decided to snack on her markers.  She literally ate the tips off of 6 markers!


So, unfortunately, I had to take all of her markers away, including a few that had managed to avoid the snack time.

On a side note, my computer is starting to act funny.  The colors are all off and distorted.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment