Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

The Good: I got my reading glasses today!  I haven't really tested them out yet, but hopefully I'll stop getting extremely bad headaches every time I do my homework. 

The Bad: I got my dress for the wedding today.  I tried it on and guess what, doesn't fit right! What kind of crap is that?  So when I head down to Des Moines this weekend I'm going to have mom help me send back the (ugly) skirt and the ill-fitting dress and I'll give it one more shot.  If is doesn't work, then I'm trying a different company and a different dress.

The Ugly: Not really "The Ugly" but it made the title sound better so I want to put something here.  I found another pair of shoes that I really liked since the ones I initially wanted aren't made in the color I want even though that's the color they were advertised as. These are the first pair of shoes that I wanted and couldn't get (but still REALLY want!):


Aren't they beautiful? But I can't get them in this color anywhere! Even though Macy's is claiming that they have them in this color, and they're even on sale right now!  I then found this pair of shoes that were a deep purple made out of suede and satin with a rose of them... 



I went to order them and can't get them in a size smaller than 9.  I'm a 7... not gonna work.  So... I am having really bad luck with the outfit for the wedding.

On the upside, I've been working with this program at the YWCA called Access to Recovery.  Basically, it allows the client $3,000 to spend in a 12 month period.  It pays for gas ($25 a week, I can't even remember the last time I had to pay for gas!), car repairs (up to $300, so it covered the repairs I had to have done on my car), and other various things.  It will help with clothes, gym memberships, bills, school supplies, and books (and that's just what I remember off the top of my head!).  I got this book today called "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life" and I'm really excited to start reading it.  I was also able to request a bunch of other books.  I'm currently (and have been for a while) obsessed with attachment styles, how they work, and how they're connected to addiction.  I've noticed a correlation between certain attachment styles and addiction, especially in women.  I was thinking that if I studied up on attachment styles and how to change a negative style to a positive one then it would help women recover from their addictions because they wouldn't be dragged down by the kinds of relationships they find themselves in and feel 'stuck' in that type of situation.  All part of empowering women.  But I can't seem to find any books that already talk about this correlation and how to improve it, so I'm attempting to study up on both and come up with some theories and all myself... Maybe I'll be the one to write the book on it.  Interesting thought, huh?  





No comments:

Post a Comment