Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thanks Uncle Robbie Robbie!

Some of my fondest memories as a child involve Uncle Don.  He was the fun uncle that we all loved because he gave us the BEST presents!  I especially remember how much fun I had with spin art.  As soon as I entered the world of motherhood, I had a suspicion that Uncle Robbie would be just like the Uncle Don I remember.  And, as usual, I was right!  For Christmas, Uncle Robbie and Auntie Amanda gave Lilly Moon Sand (as any mother reading this shudders).  For those of you that don't know, moon sand it a messier form of playdough.  It comes with molds (castles in this case) and it is a wetter form of sand so that it sticks together (and the box claims that it never dries out!).  Lilly played with it for the first time tonight (I know, it's been about two months since she got it, but I was really dreading it!) and I took photographic evidence that I figure everyone will enjoy. 


Above is Lilly's wonderful creation! Her castles with a sleeping king and princess. Below is what happens when Lilly-zilla comes for to visit the castle!



Next are a series of pictures what visually show why this 'toy' is an what we would have called an "Uncle Don" toy:


As you can see, this is an incredibly messy activity!  This last picture is a picture of Lilly before she was stripped and bathed: 



I would like to once again thank Uncle Robbie Robbie for such a wonderful gift!  And to remind you that some day you will be having children on your own... and I'm looking forward to the day that I get to buy special presents for YOUR kids (I apologize in advance Amanda!)


3 comments:

  1. Whoops! Sorry about that. I guess shopping, we were just thinking, "I would have loved this as a kid!" and not so much "That's going to make a terrible mess." I'm sure payback will be fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why we didn't open it at Gammy's house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of Rob, and happy for Lilly!

    Uncle Don who still loves you all! :)

    ReplyDelete